Why I am attracted to the city of Neon


This is an image of a Cyberpunk city


 I was really looking forward to the release of Cyberpunk 2077 a couple years ago and I was very disappointed how mediocre the game was. You can understand my excitement for the city of Neon in Starfield. It has very much the same vibes as Night City in Cyberpunk 2077 but in a different setting. I expect that it is going to be a great experience that will make Night City look really like it was rushed to sell copies instead of being a statement on the future of urban design in the United States. Neon just looks like it has tons of care and thought put into it. I really hope that it outshines all the rest of the other cities in the game. 

Night City, when it was released to the public in December of 2020, was a character as much as a place. It is unfortunate that the developers were not truly able to create a city that was interactive and interesting. While they had the vision, it seems that the developers were more interested in getting celebrities into the game rather than focusing on the gameplay. While the people involved in the making of the game were able to fix many parts of the game by time that Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty is about to be released, the reputation of the game has suffered greatly. Night City could have been the one of the greatest settings in the history of video games. Now, it largely remembered for its bugs and glitches. 

Based on what I have been hearing about Starfield, it sounds like Neon will be an incredible experience that people will want to take part in. That is what I want to hear about this game and I am happy that the developers have been so dutiful in getting this game ready for launch on September 1st. Hopefully Neon and the other cities in the game will be worth exploring. In my opinion, its the cities that really shine in Bethesda games and I hope that Starfield is no different in that aspect. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starfield and the Skyrim Problem

Starfield and the rise of Indian Aesthetics in Video Gaming

The City of Neon: Bethesda's Space Hong Kong and my impressions